Case Study – Mental Health: An In-Depth Case Study When Things Go Wrong
This class will discuss one in-depth case study of a client who experienced a major depressive shutdown during our work. I had worked with this client for 12 years prior to this event that lasted over 2 years. She had a poor support system and we needed to create a safety net for her. The work was challenging and rewarding when her health improved.
- Understand how to identify when a client needs significant mental health assistance
- Recognize some symptoms of a major depressive event
- Learn how to create boundaries that are safe for the client and organizer
- Identify how to manage a changing situation
- Learn how to build a support team and how to coordinate providers and family
- Understand how to measure success